- This event has passed.
Transforming Traumatic Grief-American Society of Clinical Hypnosis Annual Conference
February 24 @ 12:15 pm – 3:15 pm
Join Courtney at the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis Annual ASMW Conference where she will show you how to integrate clinical hypnosis to enhance healing and recovery from traumatic grief.
In this workshop you’ll discover why the face of grief and loss has changed since the Covid-19 pandemic, and acquire a host of contemporary strategies you can use to comfort grieving clients and help them move forward in positive, healthy ways after loss.
Through engaging discussion, video examples, and experiential activities, you’ll learn scientific breakthroughs that have led to better treatments for grief and discover how hypnosis can be used to help clients resolve difficult emotions, navigate the journey of grief, and view loss as a pathway to greater compassion, deeper relationships, and more meaningful living.
- Describe the dual-process model of grief and its implications for treatment.
- Distinguish typical grieving patterns vs. symptoms of Prolonged Grief Disorder.
- Outline a simple 6-step process for guiding clients through the journey of grief.
- Demonstrate two hypnosis strategies that can be used to resolve difficult emotions such as guilt, resentment, and despair.
- Explain how hypnosis can be used to instill hope, facilitate healthy continuing bonds, and foster post traumatic growth